November 15, 2010

Pummel

I bought their album last week and I wasnt sure if it would be as good as the few songs I had on my PC. The CD has 3 fast tracks out of 9 but those 3 tracks are very good, pure Californian skatepunk like in the 90's!! The other tracks are good too but they are more slow or midtempo alternative rock / punk with some jazz or metal influences. A very diverse album overall, but every song has something that make you want to listen again! If you search for Pummel on google you may find another band with the same name but they were from Arizona. The one I'm writing about is from Sacramento, California. They never got big as there was probably not enough place for them on the scene. But, the work they did was very good!!

Discography:
- Pummel EP (2001) CD
- Pummel (2001) CD
 
Listen to Pummel - Growing Mold

No comments:

Post a Comment