February 14, 2013

Foodstuffs



Foodstuffs is an old skatepunk band from Lévis, Quebec. They are in fact pre-Oversight. I don't know exactly when they started to play, but I know they released a 15-song tape in 1995 and shared the stage with a big list of the bands that were playing skatepunk in 1995 in province of Quebec. Few years later they change their name to Oversight, and will release 2 epic albums that are some of the most technical melodic punk stuff ever recorded.

Discography:
- Why Not? (1995) TAPE

6 comments:

  1. yeah! :)
    this is the pic inside the tape

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great band! Hey! I've read on you blog that you are French Canadian. Mee too! If it's easier for you to speek French, you can speek French to mee, I will understand. I got alot of suggestion of bands that I think it will be great to have on your blog. Do you want mee to keep the request coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Simon where are you from exactly !? I live on south shore of Montreal. Yes man go on with the suggestions/requests. I always prefer to put what people are looking for!! And sorry yes I speak french but I'll keep using english on the blog so people wont fell too much "put aside"... Its cool to know someone else from Quebec liking those old skatepunk bands!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Montérégie. The Asexsuals, Genetic Control, The 3tards, Social Tension, Subb, Oneway, Screwl Stew, Wave, Private Joker, Badtown Boys and 7 Foot Midget will be awesome to see on your blog.

      Delete
    2. wow this is amazing!! I think you are from Chateauguay right ? I live close from there !!! I'm in Napierville but I spent all my youth in St-Remi. Well for the requests I'll put all i have! Now I'm having a big list to fulfill hehe!! But I have almost every stuff you asked. I'm currently in conversation with Social Tension to get hand on their CDs that I'm searhcing for a long time too!! If you want write at my email I'd like to ask you some stuff (in french) !

      Delete